Dates are wonderful, glorious treats . . .
But, dates with bacon? Even better! Truly, everything is better with bacon! (See 365 Days of Bacon if you need more proof or validation of that assertion.) There was a time in my life where I did not eat pork; honestly, I’m not sure how I survived. Without further ado . . .
- Organic medjool dates
- Almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Remove pits from dates and replace with almonds (if using).
- Wrap dates in raw bacon.
- Place dates with seam-side down approximately 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in oven.
- Remove from oven and place on paper towels to absorb excess grease.
- Serve and enjoy!
I recommend using a full piece of bacon to wrap the dates even though it may seem rather large at first. The bacon will shrink as it cooks.