Last weekend’s trip to Whole Foods resulted in an item unexpectedly finding its way into my cart – a Vitamix! The additional $50 coupon offered by Whole Foods was enough to convince me that it was time to finally add a Vitamix to my kitchen. Since its arrival, the Vitamix has had quite a workout, and I will share successful recipes. The first (of, hopefully, many), below.
- 1 cup frozen mixed fruit
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 thick slice fresh pineapple (no peel, core OK)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Add all ingredients to Vitamix.
- Replace lid plug with tamper.
- Turn Vitamix on and move from variable speed 1 through 10. Switch to high and blend until smooth, approximately 30 seconds. Use tamper as necessary to push ingredients into blades.
- Pour smoothie into glasses and enjoy!