This morning I was looking for something a little different. Before paleo, one of my favorite breakfast dishes were potato pancakes. Not the deep-fried kind, but the you-can-still-see-the-shredded-potato kind (with sour cream and applesauce). Today’s challenge was to find a paleo-friendly way to reformulate these – using sweet potatoes.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 2 large eggs
- cinnamon (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- Mix grated sweet potato with eggs.
- Add cinnamon to taste.
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in skillet until melted and sizzles when splashed with water droplets.
- Form sweet potato mixture into small patties and place in hot oil.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side.
If the patties are slightly oily, place on a plate with paper towels to drain. I love cinnamon and used quite a bit here. Serving suggestion: add bacon and eggs.